Houston Food Bank- Student Heroes Summer Internship
The Houston Food Bank Student Heroes Program allows high school students to receive training and experience while taking a leadership role in volunteer-based projects. Completion of the program is a step toward becoming a member of the Apple Corps.
Student Hero Sessions:
– Spring (January-May)
– Summer (June-August)
– Fall (September-December)
Student Heroes Will Accomplish:
– Train and oversee volunteers in various projects ensuring that volunteers have a meaningful experience.
– Coordinate and market a Food/School Supply Drive to help those in need in our community.
– Attend leadership and professional development workshops to develop skills.
– Understand hunger as a Southeast Texas issue and learn to measure the impact of their work.
To Apply contact: Amy Wells at 713-547-8634 or firstname.lastname@example.org